Friday, 2 August 2013

Review: Clinique High Impact Mascara

I've had this mascara a few times, but always in the tester sizes (the ones you get with Bonus Time). And I have always loved it. I liked the brush and the thickness of the mascara. It worked really well for someone who likes a lot of coverage on their lashes.

As a huge Clinique fan I thought it was about time to buy the full version. I've practically been raised on Clinique. My Mum and Sister use it, and have for as long as I can remember. When I first started wearing make up I got bought stuff from Clinique, namely due to it being hypoallergenic and it's meant to be good to your skin. I personally absolutely swear by the 3-step, it's something I have continually repurchased for about 6 years at least.

The mascara comes in the usual colourful, floral box. I like the packaging of Clinique products, the cardboard is a nice quality and I think this is important. If the packaging is rubbish I don't expect much from the product.


As you can see, the actual mascara tube itself is fairly plain, but holds that dark green, classic Clinique body with a silver top.


The full size version of this mascara has a bigger brush than the travel size. It's a fairly big fluffy brush. 


In one word, I love this mascara. It does exactly what I wanted it to do. It builds up really well without clumping, gives great coverage and doesn't fleck off throughout the day. And it comes off really easily with some eye make up remover. I would definitely recommend this mascara, the only thing I would say is that it maybe needs a few days to 'thicken up' as I think it's a bit thin at first useage, but I think that about all mascaras.

You can see me wearing it in my 'Nighttime Smoky Eye post' here.

And you can purchase it from here. I bought this for £16.50 from the Clinique counter at Boots. 


No comments:

Post a Comment