Thursday, 4 July 2013

Review: Barry M 'Amethyst Glitter'

A couple of weeks ago I bought this Barry M nail varnish. I was walking through Boots with my friend when I saw it out of the corner of my eye. 

Of course I exclaimed that I loved it, and I needed it. 

To which my friend replied 'Do you actually need it Annabelle? You have glitter nail varnish'

I then had to explain why this nail polish was different, how the size of the glitter pieces were smaller and the colours used were different. 

So off I popped to the till with the Nail polish in hand, a smile on my face and a bemused friend behind me. 

You see, the thing is, this nail varnish is different. It's my first ever Barry M glitter shade. I have a love-hate relationship with glitter nail polish. On one hand it looks beautiful and sparkles and shines. But on the other it's a pain to get off and if every piece of glitter isn't flat it scratches. 

This nail varnish is beautiful. It's filled with purple, silver, pink and blue glitter pieces and reminds me of tiny little jewels in the bottle. 




It applied really well. I find Barry M nail varnishes a little bit gloopy but they're okay as long as you work quickly. I quite like this though as it means there's a quicker drying time, and I hate waiting for my nails to dry.


I used 2 coats. The first coat was nice and sheer but I wanted a fuller coverage. I had painted the nail underneath so this added a background colour. If you want a complete coverage I would recommend at least 3 coats.


As you can see, it really glitters and I've had some compliments on my nails since having the colour on. I would definitely invest in more Barry M glitter polishes, especially if they're as pretty as this one.

For a full blog post on how what look I went for with this polish check back next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment